n Project Management Director to join our team! Your mission is to successfully develop and support a Project Management team, maintaining processes and organization for the team to function as a department within our organization.
The individuals within the project management team have a wide range of experience and skillsets as they work across a variety of marketing programs – from experiential marketing tours to training programs and live shows and events.
The Project Management Director's Objectives and Deliverables:
- Assess the current status of Project Management within the company and provide a thorough recommendation to the Leadership Team for areas of opportunity and improvement, including:
- Overall Project Management planning and tracking templates, programs and processes
- Project Management resource allocation management strategy
- Individual department team processes and documentation related to project management
- Be a champion of change within the organization for adoption of new processes, technologies and approaches.
- Provides the individuals within the Project Management team with strategic guidance, accountability and professional project management development
- Works with the project managers on an individual level and each supporting department (cross-functional teams) to identify new or improve existing processes for continuous improvement
- Kicks off new program launches with the assigned Project Manager as the objectives and milestones are identified, ensuring the team has all the information needed to get started on a task or project
- Works with the Project Managers to secure resources for new programs, and resource needs that arise mid-programs
- Guide/direct Project Managers to asses change requests and work with Account Director and Producer to determine if requests are within project scope and budget. If requests are outside of scope/budget/timeline, guide/direct project managers to properly document and communicate to account and any appropriate cross functional teams so project objectives are delivered on time.
- Oversees the timeline development and tracking for each program with the project managers
- Manages the project management workflow, capacity and assigns Project Management support to new tasks or programs
- Ensures all projects are set up correctly in the team’s desired project management tool(s) and that dates are accurate and reflective of the agreed upon timeline for the project
- Work with project teams to gather any information or assets they may need for successful delivery and establish a system to identify risks and blockers early on in the process
- Participates in proposal development and presentations as the company’s Project Manager SME
- Participate in key client meetings to support the Project Managers and provide strategic guidance where needed
- Other duties as assigned
- Bachelor’s Degree in a related field
- Minimum of 5-10 years of experience in Project Manager role(s)
- PMP Certification is a plus
- Knowledge of a variety of Project Management processes and systems
- Excellent attention to detail and ability to manage and develop a team of project managers
- Knowledge of Microsoft products required (Project, OneNote, Teams, Excel, PowerPoint, Word)
- Flexibility in work schedule to best support programs
- Strong verbal and written communication skills
- Strong analytical and problem-solving skills
- Ability to prioritize, develop a work schedule, monitor progress towards goals and track
- Drive to learn new systems as they arrive
Jackson Dawson - 30+ days ago