Senior Vendor Analyst
-Provides support to management through data consolidation, data analysis, and management reporting.
-Utilizes software to generate metrics and develops actionable recommendations.
-Provides support to research teams or management by collecting and analyzing data and reporting results.
-Collaborates with various teams to achieve business results.
-Ensures vendor compliance with existing ITG policies.
-May perform other duties as assigned.
-Requires at least 7 years of experience.
Role summary: Under limited supervision, responsible for leading and influencing strategic business area specific and enterprise-wide sourcing activities and including category management, conducting sourcing events, leading negotiations, contracting and contract management, and supplier management. Serves as a subject matter expert, as well as a lead and mentor to internal associates.
12 month contract
(Willing to take an All-Star who can start in Jan./Feb. if needed)
- 6 months remote may be longer – But want someone local
- “Experience w/Ariba is highly coveted” (but not a requirement if they have everything else).
- MUST HAVE: Technology companies negotiating software skills (Microsoft, Amazon, Cisco, Google, Oracle, SAP, HP, Workspace, etc.)
- They will be negotiating contracts for the Group for software contracts (millions of dollar contracts) _ Can have done smaller $ contracts (> 1 million), but would want to know why they did smaller contracts, and not Million dollar contracts.
- ROCKSTAR TECHNOLOGY NEGOTIATING SKILLS
- MUST BE: Very engaged, collaborative, - Stand-alone individual will NOT WORK
- Want to STAY LOCAL: Irvine, LA, and surrounding area
- Successful solid experience, review contracts, red-line contracts, negotiate w/ legal team.
- INTERVIEW QUESTIONS: What contracts have you negotiated? What deals did you get done (Who/What/When/Where)? Must be able to articulate clearly their past experience, What specific deals have you done? Contract scenarios – What do you consider (ideal) middle risk? (not ideal) High risk? Explain risks within controls?
- Must carry themselves well/professionally, be polished, be able to communicate well with C-Level executives
- Technical Skills: Proficient in Excel, PowerPoint, Ariba, cloud negotiator,
- Manage complexity – balance work
- 90% - Contract work space (Ariba)
- Full cycle – RFP, RFO, RFI, etc. – 600 projects/year – Over the whole team
- Technology – Labor will be involved in contracts – (5-10%)
- INTERVIEWS: 1st – 1 hour w/hiring manager, 2nd 2-3 - ½ hour interview w/2-3 team members – THAN DECISION
- Job titles: Vendor Management, Strategic Sourcer Procurement (Operation), IT Job Negotiator, Project Manager (PMP) in technology, ----- 3
- MUST BE NEW CANDIDATES –
- Let me know if you have any questions -
Primary responsibilities/essential functions:
• Develop and execute Category Management strategies to achieve business objectives o For assigned category, develop deep understanding of spend and collaborate with business partners and stakeholders to identify opportunities to increase quality and improve value. o Develop and maintain expert knowledge of respective markets, competitors and product innovations. • Leads business area specific and enterprise-wide strategic sourcing activities/projects, influencing business direction o Identifies and leads sourcing project team; works closely with other staff, members of the business, and management to execute sourcing activities and establish project timelines. o Analyzes category/project spend data, considering impacts to budgets, as well as domain knowledge (e.g., cloud-based applications) and other expertise (i.e., knowledge of marketplace, suppliers, competitors, operating models and processes) to inform and develop sourcing strategies. o Conducts market analysis and applies broad industry knowledge and Capital Group (CG) enterprise knowledge to sourcing strategies and recommendations. o Customizes communication (i.e., project updates) appropriate to the audience, ensuring content appeals to the core interests and values of our client’s and business partners. • Negotiates and executes enterprise contracts for engagements that are high-dollar, high complexity, or high priority. o Negotiates contracts on behalf of CG, considering broad, strategic objectives as well as business area priorities; leverages multiple negotiation techniques and methodologies to achieve desired outcomes. Partners with the business to determine objectives of negotiation (e.g., additional services, optimal value, favorable contract terms). Consults with other subject matter advisors to ensure that the best interests of CG are represented in negotiations. o Leads Sourcing project team which may comprise of representation from business, technology, finance, and procurement. • Partners with business to develop complex Statements of Work (SOW) and SLA’s (Service Level Agreements) o Manages the interaction with Legal, Business Partners, and Suppliers throughout contract revisions and reviews. o Ensures the terms and conditions in the contract meet the business requirements; helps Business Partners understand contractual implications. • Manages existing portfolio of contracts. o Understands and measures supplier performance for key suppliers and contracts. o Identifies changes that may alter an existing vendor risk profile; communicates findings to Vendor Risk Assessment Process (VRAP) team and the Risk associates in the Performance Excellence group of Strategic Sourcing & Procurement (SSP). o Identifies and communicates broad category-related trends to the business. • Establishes and manages relationships with internal and external contacts
o Develops and maintains relationships with senior business leaders from multiple business areas within CG. Leverages relationships to maintain an understanding broad strategic initiatives, as well as the business area’s operations and processes. Considers business area priorities and operations, and broader, complex connections to CG enterprise, when consulting on and influencing sourcing event outcomes, managing projects, and defining key performance indicators and service level agreements. Identifies opportunities to drive business decisions and influence broader outcomes (e.g., strategy, cost savings, process improvements). o Maintains on-going communication with suppliers and stakeholders to ensure mutually agreed upon delivery objectives are met; analyzes scorecards and dashboards to report on supplier performance, identifying opportunities for improvement, and discussing findings with internal and external contacts. • Provides leadership for Sourcing Strategy team o Provides expertise and mentors others. o Develops, recommends and champions continuous improvement efforts. Stays abreast of external sourcing strategy best practices and makes recommendations where applicable. • Performs additional responsibilities as assigned.
Business & Technical Skills: • Demonstrates in-depth knowledge of CG enterprise strategy and key priorities, including the strategies, operations and processes of the clients and business partners. • Demonstrates expert knowledge of negotiation techniques and methodologies