Software Development - Technology Engineer
Candidate will be working on a team with 4 individuals that support all business units across Company. The team works as a group to create and maintain the systems that execute the nightly business batch processing.
Candidate must have advance knowledge in regards to working with Autosys using automation.
Able to write automation that provisions, clones, snapshots, and destroys the environment used for Autosys utilizing Python, Ansible, and/or Terraform.
Able to expertly create diagrams/operating procedures while being able to effectively communicate this to the necessary groups within Comapny.
Nice to have: Agile/Scrum methodologies, Application SLM, CI/CD pipelines.
As a Technology Engineer on the Dev Engineering team, you will be directly contributing to the stability, integrity and smooth operation of information technology application development, tools and integration and deployment solutions that support companies business functions. The Technology Engineer plays a role in the operational support of IT automation solutions by applying proven communication, analytical, and problem-solving skills to help identify, communicate, and resolve low impact and known issues in order to minimize outages.
Software candidate would be Expected to Create Enhancements for:
Atlassian Tool Suite (Confluence, Jira, Bitbucket, Bamboo). Candidate should have string skills in Java Programming Language, Python Scripting Language and Shell Scripting.
• Develop enhancements to out-of-the-box solutions to meet needs
• Performs code fixes for low impact bugs and independently works within an existing structure.
• Utilizes a prescribed workbench of tools (command line, scripting, open source libraries, IDEs) to support the lifecycle of a solution.
• Assists in assessing the overall health of a solution by evaluating health markers and assists in troubleshooting of less impactful incidents and issues.
• Starts/stops/resumes specific services/programs (develops automation for these activities).
• Uses sound investigative approaches such as review logs, the chronology of events, correlation of recent change, etc. to aid in root-cause analysis.
• Participates in root-cause analysis and problem case resolution for basic, less impactful solutions.
• Participates in Continuous Improvement and Operations Excellence efforts
• Maintains/updates operational procedures and documentation with oversight.
• Collects baseline metrics and incident trends to help the team improve a solution.
• Participates in security reviews to assess gaps in security posture.
• 3+ years of experience with coding and the software development lifecycle process
• Experience with Python or similar scripting language
• Experience with Java programming language
• Strong problem solving and troubleshooting skills
• Excellent interpersonal and communication skills
• Prior experience with continuous integration/deployment pipelines a plus
• Prior experience with public cloud providers (Azure, AWS, etc) a plus
• Bachelor's degree in computer science or related field preferred
Brenda Callen LeGault
Director, Client Services
ISC Resources, Inc.
Yorba Linda, CA 92886
Direct 949.458.2157 Cell 714-381-3375
Serving clients since 1984