Learning and Development Director
Location: San Diego, CA
Department: Human Resources
In this role, you will develop a new Learning and Development function for the North American business including the US and Canada. You will be responsible for creating and managing a learning and development strategy, systems and programs to support the People First strategic goals of the company. The ideal candidate must be a self-starter who has a passion for training and development initiatives, and proactively looks for ways to improve the organizational culture and effectiveness. Deep functional training expertise is required as well as background in organizational development and change management.
Qualifications & Skills:
- Act as a performance consultant with the business – creating learning and development solutions for several business functions including corporate offices in the US and Canada, a distributed sales force, and three food canning factories.
- Drive the continued analysis, design, development, delivery and evaluation of the learning portfolio.
- Own operational aspects of the learning portfolio including vendor sourcing, budgets, project management, communication, branding and marketing.
- Recommend appropriate delivery modality (e.g., classroom, on demand, virtual classroom, performance support, blended learning). Buy, build, and/or redesign solutions as needed.
- Develop deep relationships within the business leadership and talent to ensure we are designing, developing and delivering the right solutions at the right time.
- Create and execute evaluation strategies that show behavior and/or employee sentiment changes.
- Establish learning and development programs across the canning factories and office locations supporting the overall company unifying values.
- Working through local leadership and HR teams, establish programs within each site to meet the specific development needs of each location.
- Author learning content independently and/or in collaboration with external vendors to focus on interactivity, learner engagement, and evaluation
- Conduct or facilitate required and recommended training sessions
- Bachelor's degree, preferable master’s degree in training and development, human resources development, education, industrial/organizational psychology or related field
- Professional certifications in Change Management, Organizational Development, and Coaching preferred
- 10+ years of learning and development or human capital consulting experience
- Strong analytical skills and ability to identify and present data-driven insights and trends in a simple and compelling way
- Progressive experience in organizational development including needs assessment and gap analysis, strategic planning, succession planning, metrics and dashboard analysis and change management strategies.
- Tell a logically structured, succinct, and compelling story tailored to your audience; convey clear and easily actionable recommendations
- Attention to detail, and track record of developing high quality learning experiences required
- Contemporary adult learning expertise including instructional design, LMS, MOOCs, classroom (physical/virtual) training, digital learning and technology
- Prior experience in facilitating in person training for all levels of an organization
- Ability to analyze and communicate effectiveness of training through tracking, feedback and other mechanisms
- Prior experience working directly with senior leadership (CHRO/CEO/Business Leaders)
- Relationship, consensus building, consulting, and stakeholder management skills
- Ability to work and thrive independently
- Excellent project management, interpersonal, negotiation and communication skills
- Experience working in a global and distributed learning organization
- Willing to travel as required
Bumble Bee Foods, LLC - 7 days ago