ENERGY FOR WHAT’S AHEAD
Are you looking to make a difference in your career? We’re working on smarter grids, cleaner energy and tools to help people manage energy more efficiently.
About Transmission and Distribution
Transmission and Distribution Organizational Unit (T & D) is responsible for planning, engineering, constructing, operating, and maintaining transmission and distribution facilities throughout the 50,000-square-mile territory. T&D is the steward of roughly $19 billion in assets that safely and reliably deliver electricity to 15 million residents 5 million customer accounts.
This position will be a Troubleman located at our Ridgecrest Center within Transmission and Distribution (T&D) organization. The successful candidate will be responsible for maintenance and repairs to overhead and underground electric systems.
- Works along or with others, patrols, inspects, maintains and operates overhead and underground electrical distribution circuits and associated equipment.
- Prioritizes and assigns work when acting in a lead or supervisory capacity.
- Performs activities such as investigating service interruptions, making permanent or temporary repairs, establishing and/or disconnecting service, installing and removing meters, performing volt/amp checks, replacing fuses, restoring service on customer calls, operating switching equipment, operating substations, reporting fire status, and patrolling and servicing street light systems.
- Receives trouble calls by various telecommunication mediums.
- Determines and acts upon abnormal conditions that may require additional resources.
- Uses applicable Injury and Illness prevention Rules, approved tools and safety equipment to work on or near energized lines or equipment.
- Clears conductors of circuits energized over 600 volts in trouble or emergency situations.
- Operates construction vehicles, auxiliaries and other powered equipment.
- Trains, evaluates and assists other employees as required.
- Uses manual or automated methods to document work performed, record equipment installed and labor utilized.
- Creates and maintains a safety conscious work environment by leading and influencing others to follow Edison safety protocols and safe work practices and perform other responsibilities and duties as assigned.
- Certified Journeyman Lineman and possess a Journeyman Lineman card.
- Two or more years of Distribution Lineman experience.
- Due to the weight restrictions of safety equipment used by linemen, candidates must weigh less than 285 pounds to qualify for the position.
- Currently possess a Class A motor vehicle operator's license.
- Experience climbing poles and structures and working in high or confined spaces.
- Maintaining and restoring service on overhead and underground distribution systems
- Performing field switching duties.
- Operating test equipment such as amp, volt, or ohm meters, phasing and cable testing set.
- Using hand or power tools and operating construction equipment.
- Knowledge of: Fundamental principles of electrical theory, methods and techniques employed in the construction and maintenance of the overhead and underground electrical system; mechanical principles; General Orders 95, 128, and applicable laws and Company standards.
- Knowledge of applicable Injury and Illness Prevention Rules and fire Prevention Rules and Information.
- Proper use of tools and equipment; operating procedures; function and operation of personal computer, and appropriate administrative and clerical procedures.
- Plan, layout, assign, and perform work from construction drawings and specifications using standard practices; and give and/or receive oral and written instructions.
- Ability to perform very heavy physical work.
- Applicants who are identified to continue in the selection process will be invited to test via email and are encouraged to review any tests required in this job posting - Link to Information Guides
- Please reference Test #8503 Troubleman Knowledge Verbal Knowledge and Test #4016: Lineman Physical Performance. Candidates who have previously passed these assessment(s) may not need to retest again for this position.
- Candidates must be available to test in Chino, CA on Saturday, November 2, 2019.
- Candidates for this position must be legally authorized to work directly as employees for any employer in the United States without visa sponsorship.
- Relocation may apply to this position.
- Availability to be on call and work on rotating on-call shifts.
- Flexibility to work overtime including weekends and holidays.
This company, serves a population of approximately 15 million via 5 million customer accounts in a 50,000-square-mile service area within Central, Coastal and Southern California. Join the utility leader that is safely delivering reliable, affordable electricity to our customers for over 125 years.
ISC is a proud Equal Opportunity Employer and will not discriminate based on race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, disability, protected veteran status or any other protected status.