ENERGY FOR WHAT’S AHEAD
Are you looking to make a difference in your career? We’re working on smarter grids, cleaner energy, and tools to help people manage energy more efficiently.
About Transmission and Distribution
Transmission and Distribution Organizational Unit (T & D) is responsible for planning, engineering, constructing, operating, and maintaining transmission and distribution facilities throughout the 50,000-square-mile territory. T&D is the steward of roughly $19 billion in assets that safely and reliably deliver electricity to 15 million residents 5 million customer accounts.
The Transmission Lineman position will be in the Power Delivery division within Transmission & Distribution Organizational Units (TDOU).
- Installs, removes, maintains, and repairs overhead and underground distribution and communication systems.
- Installs and removes equipment such as poles, cross arms, towers, enclosures, ducts and piping, and electrical or other apparatus such as transformers, switches, capacitors, pot heads, protective devices, cooling or insulating equipment, emergency gear and automatic cooling or insulating equipment, emergency gear and automatic reclosers.
- Installs, removes, splices, bonds, terminates, and tests conductor and cable, except paper insulated lead cable.
- Connects, tests, adjusts, repairs, and maintains electrical equipment and apparatus.
- Uses precautionary procedures, necessary tools, and safety equipment to work on or near energized lines or equipment.
- Operates test equipment such as amp, volt or ohm meters, phasing and cable test sets, fault finder, and cable locator.
- Operates construction vehicles (up to 1,200 lbs.) in addition to vehicle auxiliaries and other powered equipment. Instructs and directs apprentices and helpers.
- Performs related semi-skilled and unskilled work as required.
- Maintains a safety conscious work environment by following Edison safety protocols and safe work practices.
- Performs other responsibilities and duties as assigned.
- Must be a certified Journeyman Lineman and possess a Journeyman Lineman card.
- Due to the weight restrictions of safety equipment used by linemen, candidates must weigh less than 285 pounds to qualify for the position.
- Must currently possess a Class A motor vehicle operator's license.
- Experience as a Journeyman Lineman including knowledge of associated construction methods and standards; and overhead and underground materials, tools, and equipment.
- Experience with construction methods and standards, including experience with overhead and underground materials, tools, and equipment.