Job Responsibilities and Expectations:
Field Service Technicians inspect, test, troubleshoot, perform start-up and collect data of low, medium and high voltage (to 500kV) electrical systems, and moderately complex relay calibration and power metering.
• Instrument transformer tests
• Power transformer testing - Doble, TTR Insulation Resistance, etc.
• Test solid state relays
• Testing - Tan Delta, Power Factor, VLF, DC Hipot, CCVT's, PT'S, Megger
• Automatic transfer switch troubleshooting
• Low, Medium and High voltage switchgear and circuit breaker testing
Minimum Qualifications: to qualify for consideration, you must meet each of the following minimum qualifications and requirements.
• Prefer an Associate’s degree from an accredited 2 year technical college in Electrical Power, or similar experience and training from the military (Army Prime Power, Air Force Electrical Power Production, or NAVY Seabee)
• Must have at least 2 or more years of relevant experience with most of the following or similar:
• Must be able to work safely and adhere to all electrical safety procedures.
• NETA or NICET Certification (Level II+) or equivalent skills/experience a plus.
• Must have general PC skills including email, internet, data entry and Microsoft Excel; experience with PowerDB a plus
• Must be able to pass a pre-employment drug test and periodic, unannounced random drug tests.
• Must be able to pass a pre-employment criminal background check.
• Must be able to crawl, climb, stand and lift up to 75 lbs., with or without reasonable accommodations. Must be able to pass a fit for duty physical exam.
• Must have a valid driver’s license, and currently have and be able to maintain a good driving record.