A day in the life - Get ready to think big, work smart and shine bright!
• Inspects/validates mechanical, electrical, electronic, and communication components.
• Cleans reconditions, repairs or replaces defective parts.
• Verifies register ratios and meter constants.
• Use test instruments to perform testing and evaluation of associated metering equipment and load survey devices.
• Tests insulation of meters and associated metering equipment, such as, but not limited to test switches, phasing transformers, and load survey devices at high potential.
• Performs meter tests using various types of tests and computes meter error.
• Adjusts as needed to bring accuracy within prescribed limits.
• Checks, verifies and updates meter nameplate data and meter programs.
• Engage in continuous learning.
• Tabulates test results and performs computations for statistical analysis of test data.
• One or more years of experience troubleshooting Electronic Equipment AND/OR a formal Electronics Training Certification or Diploma through an Electronics Trade School, University, Community College or equivalent Electronics/Electrical education.
• High School Diploma or equivalent.
• Associate of Arts Degree in Electronics or subject area.
• Ability to understand and follow written instructions and directions.
• Ability to learn to test and repair Single Phase and Polyphase Meters, associated metering equipment and load survey devices.
• Ability to use tools and equipment provided.
• Experience computing percentage of error and prepare test reports.
• Strong interpersonal skills.
• Proficient in Microsoft Office suite including Word, Excel, and Outlook.
You should know
• Visit our Candidate Resource page to get meaningful information related to benefits, perks, resources, testing information, and hiring process, and more!
• Relocation does not apply to this position.
• Testing. This position requires testing and applicants who are identified to continue through the selection process will be invited to test via email. We invite you to visit our Candidate Resource page for further information and to access information guides. For information guides, please reference tests 2605 - Meter Tech 1, 1A Test and 5108 - EEI CAST Test. Candidates who have previously passed these assessment(s), in some cases, may not need to retest again for this position.