ENERGY FOR WHAT’S AHEAD
Are you looking to make a difference in your career? We’re working on smarter grids, cleaner energy, and tools to help people manage energy more efficiently.
The Transmission Lineman position will be in the Power Delivery division Transmission & Distribution Organizational Units (TDOU).
· Installs, removes, maintains, and repairs overhead and underground distribution and communication systems.
· Installs and removes equipment such as poles, cross arms, towers, enclosures, ducts and piping, and electrical or other apparatus such as transformers, switches, capacitors, pot heads, protective devices, cooling or insulating equipment, emergency gear and automatic cooling or insulating equipment, emergency gear and automatic reclosers.
· Installs, removes, splices, bonds, terminates, and tests conductor and cable, except paper insulated lead cable.
· Connects, tests, adjusts, repairs, and maintains electrical equipment and apparatus.
· Uses precautionary procedures, necessary tools, and safety equipment to work on or near energized lines or equipment.
· Operates test equipment such as amp, volt or ohm meters, phasing and cable test sets, fault finder, and cable locator.
· Operates construction vehicles (up to 1,200 lbs.) in addition to vehicle auxiliaries and other powered equipment. Instructs and directs apprentices and helpers.
· Performs related semi-skilled and unskilled work as required.
· Maintains a safety conscious work environment by following safety protocols and safe work practices.
· Performs other responsibilities and duties as assigned.
· Must be a certified Journeyman Lineman and possess a Journeyman Lineman card.
· Due to the weight restrictions of safety equipment used by linemen, candidates must weigh less than 285 pounds to qualify for the position.
· Must currently possess a Class A motor vehicle operator's license.
· Experience as a Journeyman Lineman including knowledge of associated construction methods and standards; and overhead and underground materials, tools, and equipment.
· Experience with construction methods and standards, including experience with overhead and underground materials, tools, and equipment.
· Knowledge of fundamentals of electricity as applied to electric circuitry and operation of electrical equipment.
· Knowledge of mechanical principles as applied to rigging and the operation of tools and equipment; test instruments and procedures; accident prevention rules and safe work practices.
· Currently possesses a California driver’s license.
· Experience with State General Orders 95 and 128.
· Ability to work safely and skillfully; follow instructions given in written, oral or diagrammatic form; use hand or power tools and operate construction equipment; climb poles and structures; work in high or confined places and perform very heavy physical work.
· Ability to work overtime, including weekends and holidays.
· Demonstrated ability to follow safety protocols and safe work practices.
· Applicants who are identified to continue in the selection process will be invited to test via email and are encouraged to review any tests required in this job posting - Link to Information Guides
· Please reference Test Battery #8303 Transmission Lineman Technical Interview and Test #4016: Lineman Physical Performance.
· Candidates who have previously passed these assessment(s) may not need to retest again for this position.
· Candidates for this position must be legally authorized to work directly as employees for any employer in the United States without visa sponsorship.