We are looking for a BIMTech Instructional Designer for our Pasadena, CA Office!
Our Client is and Construction Engineering firm which is one of the largest mechanical contractors in the country. Since 1934, owners and builders have selected this engineering firm to design, install, and maintain more than 250,000 mechanical projects. They are dedicated to the design, fabrication, installation, maintenance and service of commercial and industrial HVAC, refrigeration, plumbing, process piping, and building automation systems. Whether your project is a low or high-rise office building, a shopping mall, hospital, semi-conductor fabrication facility or pharmaceutical manufacturing plant…They can design, build, install, and maintain a mechanical system to meet your needs
They are a part of something bigger. Just ask our customers: California Academy of Sciences, L.A. Live, and San Francisco 49ers Stadium. While we have been around for 80+ years, we continue to grow at a dynamic pace. And we are looking for talented individuals to join our team. To read more about us, check out our ABOUT US section with current news and events.
Being part of our “BIM Technology” Support and R&D group with a strong focus on developing training and marketing materials for new and existing technology projects which will be implemented within our design engineering and BIM teams corporate wide. This person would be responsible for development of training documentation to include, but not limited to: Self-taught training including process documents, screencasts, training videos, video transcripts, and structuring computer based training and quizzes on a cloud based learning platform; in addition to Instructor led training including presenter notes, presentation slide decks, instructor & student workbooks, and activity handouts. This person would also produce Marketing documentation for the BIM Technology team including new content announcements, new feature enhancement lists, and monthly/quarterly department updates.
WHAT DOES THIS ROLE INVOLVE?
- Develops instructional training materials using effective instructional design methodologies and technologies
- Collaborates with subject matter experts to develop course materials to ensure authenticity and accuracy of training content
- Creates documents outlining course objectives, content, assessment, and evaluation criteria
- Uploads new courses and curates content for cloud based learning platform
- Provides support in the planning and implementation of training events and meetings
- Creates, maintains and communicates project/training plans to ensure timely delivery of training materials and programs
- Produces/edits training videos with voice overs using Camtasia and/or Adobe After Effects
- Creates training materials and documentation for SOP’s within our BIM Technology team
- Develops marketing material and communications for BIM Technology team to promote relevant courses or learning opportunities in a timely manner
WHAT ARE WE LOOKING FOR IN A CANDIDATE?
- Minimum 1-3 years of experience preferably in an instructional design or other learning role (creating end user software training preferred but not required)
- Prior video editing experience with Camtasia or Adobe After Effects (preferred but not required)
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Able to work individually with limited oversight, as well as part of a highly collaborative team
- Knowledge of learning & development best practices and technologies, including instructional design concepts and adult learning theory
(The physical demands described herein are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions).
- The employee must frequently lift and/or move up to 10 pounds and occasionally lift and/or move up to 25 pounds.
- Specific vision abilities required by this job include Close vision and Distance vision.
- While performing the duties of this Job, the employee is regularly required to talk or hear.
- The employee is frequently required to stand; walk; sit and use hands to finger, handle, or feel.
- The employee is occasionally required to reach with hands and arms; climb or balance and stoop, kneel, crouch, or crawl, especially when conducting job site walks.
- Must possess & maintain a valid class “c” driver’s license and have the ability to drive a vehicle.
WHAT’S IN IT FOR YOU?
- Collaborative Company Culture - We have a diverse environment of skilled professionals - field construction workers, engineering, project managers, service technicians, and supporting staff - who collaborate together and make Sunbelt Controls an engaging place to work.
- Competitive Benefits - including medical plans, dental, vision, 401k & company match, supplemental insurance.
- ESOP – Employee Stock Ownership Program. An exciting benefit from us to you, free of cost to all eligible employees.
- Paid time off - including Holidays, Vacation, Sick Time, and Personal Time
- Professional Development Programs – Educational reimbursements, Professional Memberships, training programs, and career growth opportunities.
We proudly hire U.S. Military Veterans, and those qualified are encouraged to apply.