Candidate will be working with a large team and will be responsible for reviewing regulatory reports such as filings, board reports, and support production work (scrub reports for board meetings, update templates, editing, etc.). Will use Cstar – accounting platform and various financial platforms.
• MS Office: Advanced Excel – macros
• Alteryx a plus (utilized to streamline tasks and group files and do calculations – can help troubleshoot issues team may be having)
• Independent thinking, Problem solving, attention to detail
• Financial background preferred
• Must have BA degree
• Looking for 5 years exp minimum
Senior Accountant Analyst
• Performs general and specific accounting procedures of varying degrees of complexity
o Processes GL transactions
o Reconciles GL accounts and source data, or sub ledger detail.
o Calculates company expenses and fees.
o Gathers and logically organizes financial data.
o Reviews accounting transactions, GL accounts, and reconciliations in accordance with Generally Accepted Accounting Principles.
o Reviews monthly intercompany settlement process.
o Compares forecasted financial information to actual results, and analyzes and explains variances.
o Prepares the accounting for unique or complex transactions.
o Processes corrections identified during reviews, and may advise others on corrections as necessary.
o Leads completion of the monthly close process for assigned areas.
o Ensures timely and accurate completion of regular tasks performed by the team.
• Prepares and reviews management reports
o Analyzes company financials, considering intercompany relationships and business drivers, to identify risks and trends, for reporting to management.
o Oversees changes to accounting policies resulting from new or changing accounting standards and new business transactions or fees in coordination with Financial Reporting and Regulatory requirements.
• Knowledge of accounting principles and practices, analysis and reporting of financial data
• Thorough knowledge of basic accounting procedures
• In-depth understanding of Generally Accepted Accounting Principles (GAAP)
• Experience with general ledger functions and the month-end/ year-end close process
• Advanced Microsoft Excel Skills
• Ability to multi-task and meet deadlines
• Able to critically analyze situations and solve problems effectively
• Experience in analyzing complex financial reports and records
• General knowledge of mutual funds or experience in the investment management industry is preferred
• Requires a minimum of 5 to 10 years of experience in accounting, finance, or a related function.
• Requires a Bachelor’s degree in Accounting, Business Administration, Finance, or a related degree
• CPA or MBA is preferred
• Requires advanced knowledge of Microsoft Excel and the ability to work comfortably with the Microsoft Office suite.
• Strong computer skills, especially in Microsoft Excel, and experience with an enterprise accounting system (such as SAP).
• GAAP and SEC reporting experience is preferred but not required
• Strong aptitude for numbers and accuracy
• Strong written and verbal communication skills
• Willingness to work as part of a team
• The individual will be expected to work up-front guidance and take ownership of his/her work product
Brenda Callen LeGault
Director, Client Services
ISC Resources, Inc.
Yorba Linda, CA 92886
Direct 949.458.2157 Cell 714-381-3375
Serving clients since 1984