Will manage data governance issues for the investment management space and roll out data gov practices and deal with issues as they arrive. Will analyze issues, communicating best practices to Sr. stakeholders, take information an synthesize to reports/presentations and share with data management professionals/stakeholders
Need to understand technical side of data but also needs to understand processes and risks around data and be able to communicate with business users, stakeholders, f/u on issues
-Candidates can come from data solutions/data architecture etc. but need to understand risk with data, how data flows
Understand the why and the what of data ownership, data stewardship, data quality etc.
-Financial services a must (will be open to other backgrounds if they are a perfect match): Investment management exp preferred, banking ok.
-Strong communication skills to communicate ideas clearly. Engages stakeholders.
-Any experience with JIRA, Collibra is a huge plus
-Phone screen then onsite interview
Acts as key point of contact to project teams to provide Investment Management (IM) data governance expertise and make recommendations on data governance related issues. Establishes and oversees the data governance artifacts (data inventory, metadata, data quality rules, etc.) and ensures they are applied consistently across the enterprise as part of project and business-as-usual (BAU) efforts. Performs analysis and identifies potential issues and risks, makes recommendations for resolution and mitigation of risk and leads efforts, along with Data Stewards and Owners, to prioritize and triage data governance issues.
Information and Insights (I&I) is a global operational team with locations in Los Angeles, Irvine, London, and Singapore. As a Senior Data Governance Analyst based in the Los Angeles, CA location, you will work in the team responsible for partnering with other business areas across I&I and its key partners to deliver mission-critical projects using your strengths in leading teams, collaborating to solve problems and driving for results. You will tackle multiple types of projects, some concurrently, and lead initiatives in a matrix environment.
• Participates in data governance initiatives and leads initiatives in support of strategic business, regulatory or operational objectives.
• Performs analysis and identifies the potential risk to ensure that business, process, data and system changes support our risk and controls environment;
• Recommends data management solutions based on existing data governance framework and business strategies to improve data management throughout the data environment;
• Conducts in-depth research and analysis to design and define data governance requirements utilized throughout CG as well as identifying, prioritizing and triaging data governance issues.
• Collaborates with project leadership to drive the process to implement innovative data governance recommendations, factoring in customer needs, external approaches, and/or competitor analysis.
• Communicates with a variety of audiences, including presentation of data governance issues and analytical findings
• Prepares and presents recommendations to management with appropriate level of detail and creativity; carries out implementation of recommendations for moderately complex matters;
• Partner with project and business teams to ensure that data governance artifacts (e.g., data inventory, metadata, data quality rules, etc.) are maintained consistently across CG as part of project and BAU efforts;
• Demonstrates working knowledge of the investment management industry as it relates to Capital Group’s various lines of business (e.g., retail, institutional, high net worth), investment mandates, investment vehicle structures, investment operations, competitive landscape, reporting and regulatory environment.
• Data governance practices, including data governance program lifecycles, Data stewardship practices, Metadata and data quality management
• Working knowledge of project management principles including a demonstrated understanding of project lifecycles and traditional project management activities, including business analysis, process mapping, process design, and requirements gathering.
• Minimum of 5 years experience in a similar role.
Brenda Callen LeGault
Director, Client Services
ISC Resources, Inc.
Yorba Linda, CA 92886
Direct 949.458.2157 Cell 714-381-3375
Serving clients since 1984