We are seeking an Instructional Designer to be responsible for the design and development of learning solutions. The Instructional Designer will apply creative approaches and instructional methodologies for content design, development, implementation, and evaluation. The Instructional Designer will be part of the Learning & Development team, partnering with the business to provide learning technology solutions that impact quality metrics.
This position is responsible for supporting training initiatives to improve the capability of individuals, teams, and the organization. This position is responsible for creating and developing educational solutions to improve the capability of individuals, teams, and the organization. This position assists with the design and development of instructor-led and e-learning training. This position assists with providing centralized educational support and services to educators across divisions and at the corporate location.
- Interface with learning leadership, project manager, instructional developer, and SMEs to ensure content meets business needs.
- Conducts training needs assessments to assess developmental needs necessary to drive training initiatives and to close identified skill gaps.
- Liaise with internal customers to assess needs, identify needs, and evaluate outcomes.
- Creates and manages e-learning related documentation.
- Designs participant and instructor guides.
- Creates learning content design via storyboards and outlines for eLearning and job aid development.
- Designs learning assessments and evaluations.
- Designs learning aids, including handouts, workbooks, manuals, attachments, and webpages.
- Participates in the measurement and evaluation of training program effectiveness.
- Designs, develops, delivers and implements e-learning courses to achieve outcomes using the most efficient and effective delivery methods for learning.
- Provide multimedia and web-based program design.
- Optimize use of existing content delivery.
- Bachelor Degree in Education, Business Administration, Information or Instructional Technology, Organization Development, Human Resource Management, or related field is preferred.
- At least 3 or more year of experience
- Previous training and design experience is required.
- Prior experience with learning management systems and various learning delivery modalities, such as self-paced learning, mobile learning, instructor-led learning, asynchronous and synchronous e-learning, and blended learning.
- E-learning design and course building experience
- Proven track record of excellent presentation and communication skills, both written and verbal is required.
- Excellent interpersonal skills and ability to form collaborative relationships with staff, management and leadership at all levels of the organization.
- Proficient in the use of Microsoft Office products, including MS Word, PowerPoint, Excel, Access.
- Proficiency in Instructional Design for Adult Learning.
- Proficiency in designing for Articulate, Captivate, and similar software desired.
- Experience with additional learning approaches such as gamification, micro-learning, and spaced repetition.
- Experience with Blooms Taxonomy
- Experience with Kirkpatrick and Phillips’ Levels of Evaluation
- Working knowledge of Articulate and Captivate is required
- Ability to prioritize & manage multiple projects
- Competency – High energy, articulate, accustomed to a fast-paced environment, professional in appearance, confident with doctors, administrators and clients.