Bachelor�s Degree in Political Science, Public Administration, Journalism, Writing Communications, or equivalent combination of education, training, and experience. Five to eight years experience developing communication material and strategies. Demonstrated broad understanding of the principles of communication practices and tactics; ability to develop written or graphic communication materials for print, electronic media, and or Web. Demonstrated excellent verbal and written communication skills with strong knowledge of English grammar, spelling and punctuation.
we’re looking for someone to, broadly speaking, liaise between SMEs and digital team to ensure that we’re consistent in our presentation (voice, look, feel, etc.) of company messaging across multiple digital properties (web, social, internal, external). At a more advanced level, this position could move beyond being a “caretaker” to becoming more of an active lead in dictating the look and feel and voice and tone of our content.
Understands the electric utility field and where it’s going
• Can quickly absorb new and complex ideas and present them in an easy to understand manner
• Will maintain the appropriate voice and tone based on audience and channel
• Looks for opportunities to further the company’s values and POV with key stakeholders and seeks to understand which channels to use to reach them
• Is comfortable talking with SMEs and will actively search out new ideas
• Understands basic user experience and design principles and has an eye for content layout and imagery. Knows how and when to communicate ideas visually (icons, infographics, videos).
Has experience working with legal and understands web compliance and accessibility requirements