Will support very detailed Equity attribution and analysis including but not limited to: Reporting holding place analysis, portfolio concentration, similar and how different they are, similar returns, attribution analysis- where, why there are discrepancies? where are they coming from - are they operational processes? Trading? Will do detailed Investigations with other departments and report on findings. Currently the process is very manual for analysis and reporting so need to have strong knowledge in Excel and technical knowledge of programming in SQL – extract and manipulate data to do analysis.
Super detail oriented
Equity Attribution and analysis
Portfolio performance and Equity attribution and/or fixed income
FactSet or B-one – attribution and analysis tools
SQL for reporting (extract and manipulate data
Information and Insights (I&I) is a global operational team with locations in Los Angeles, Irvine, London, and Singapore. The department is responsible for delivering accurate and timely results data to the Investment Group (Portfolio Managers and Research Analysts), Marketing, clients, shareholders, and other teams.
I&I also supports enterprise wide initiatives and strategic objectives. One of these initiatives is developing new product offerings to make Capital Group’s investment strategies accessible to a broader set of investors - for example, offering existing American Funds investment strategies outside of the US mutual fund market. This effort continues to grow in scope as we introduce new funds and asset classes to the program and I&I has an evolving need to directly support the process. As a Results Analyst, you will have the exciting opportunity to influence the evolution of this function while supporting the oversight of these new products and providing insight into the drivers of their results.
• Performance measurement – calculating, validating, maintaining, and interpreting portfolio results for retail mutual funds, institutional accounts, Portfolio Managers, Research Analysts, and composites
• Performance evaluation – portfolio attribution, style analysis, benchmark analysis, transaction and holdings analysis (e.g., portfolio concentration, portfolio turnover, etc.)
• Analytics and risk analysis – calculation and interpretation; setting and monitoring alerts
• Client support – explaining calculations, researching issues, and fulfilling ad hoc requests
• Presentation – delivering analytical presentations that target internal and external clients
• Project support – partnering with other business units, our Information Technology Group, or external vendors
• Systems analysis – troubleshooting issues, researching transaction posting, or evaluating how to process and report new investment types
• Data analysis – validating and integrating data from multiple platforms or products to build custom exhibits; using SQL to pull and manipulate data
• Process optimization – developing best practices, increasing efficiency, enhancing capabilities, and mitigating risks
• Programming – automating processes or developing new analyses (e.g., VBA, R, MATLAB, etc.)
Candidates are preferred to have a Bachelor’s degree in business, finance, mathematics, economics, statistics, computer science, MIS, or other quantitative field. Candidates should also have:
• Experience with, Equity and/or Fixed Income/Multi Asset; preferably with attribution and portfolio analysis
• Experience with programming languages and/or industry tools strongly preferred
• Excellent problem solving skills, intellectual curiosity and ability to analyze data and processes
• High service orientation, integrity, and ownership of work
• Strong communication skills, interpersonal savvy and ability to work effectively in a team environment
• Excellent MS Excel skills (e.g., functions, charting, and pivot tables)
Brenda Callen LeGault
Director, Client Services
ISC Resources, Inc.
Yorba Linda, CA 92886
Direct 949.458.2157 Cell 714-381-3375
Serving clients since 1984