Primary responsibilities/essential functions:
• Develops Sales Force Development curricula and programs
o Develops and creates learning curricula and programs based on identified business and sales needs and using various delivery modes (e.g., instructor-led sessions, eLearning and performance support tools).
o Packages and evaluates curriculum plan/design for effectiveness. Works with subject matter experts to align with business needs.
o Manages projects by scoping, estimating, identifying resources, providing status updates and mitigating risk.
o Builds prototype of learning. Collaborates with subject matter experts to validate information.
o Works with client groups to ensure effective program implementation and ongoing maintenance.
• Program / project consulting
o Partners with appropriate business leaders, managers, and SMEs and conducts discovery sessions including analysis of performance issues and process improvement.
o Identifies training needs and designs implementation plans.
o Provides roadmap of learning development. Identifies expectations, new processes and curriculum materials needed.
o Oversees training packaging to ensure adoption by target audiences.
• Researches industry best practices and stays current on trends and technologies. Ensures high-quality deliverables, efficient and effective solutions.
• Performs additional responsibilities as assigned.
Knowledge, Skills & Abilities
• Demonstrates ability to plan processes and work for a group or team to assure work is completed in a timely manner.
• Demonstrates ability to lead and manage projects across multiple teams or groups.
• Demonstrates effective facilitation and consultative skills. Proactively anticipates the needs of clients groups.
• Demonstrates ability to collaborate and develop/maintain relationships within Capital.
• Demonstrates in-depth knowledge of sales training, adult learning practices and instructional design.
• Experiences with sales methodologies (Miller-Heiman, Richardson, and SPIN).
• Familiar with sales roles and sales competency models.
Knowledge, Skills & Abilities
• Experience with business technical areas such as: financial services, retirement planning, advisory, insurance, intermediaries and/or similar.
• Expert at using Microsoft Office applications (Word, PowerPoint, Excel, SharePoint), Must be able to use existing templates and follow an established style guide.
• Experience using Articulate 360 recommended, but not required.
• 5 years plus experience in instructional design and development with emphasis on sales training
• Bachelor’s Degree in Education, Instructional Design, or related subject is required.
• Effective English communications, written, verbal, and in presentation.
Candidates MUST have:
• Experienced (senior) instructional designer
• MA in instructional design (or similar) preferred, but not required
• Advanced Story line skills
• Story line samples submitted with resumes